07 October 2009

*down with the sickness

Hello. I've been sick. I had to take a few days off of work. Granted, any other time I get off of work, I'm usually stoked.. except when I find my self sleeping all day and hacking up a lung or two. Not fun.

But in the last couple days, I've been able to slowly clean my office and organise a little bit. And I've finally been able to go through a couple cookbooks that I've had for months and haven't had a chance to really look at.

One was a birthday gift from our friends, Duncan and Erin. It's the Greatest-Ever Mexican Recipes by Jane Milton. I'm always a sucker for a nice cookbook.







One of the reasons I love this book... It lists almost everything in metric and imperial. Perfect for the American now living overseas!

The other book I always have happy times looking through is the Junior Cook by Mary Pat Fergus, it was published in New Zealand in the early 80's. It's such a cute book. The illustrations are so classic.. But I wish I had this book growing up. I would have learned so much!





Too cool...
xo

No comments :

Post a Comment