08 July 2010

*septoplasty, here I come

It's all happening. It's now officially a countdown until I go in for surgery. Yuck!!!

I've had sinus and breathing problems for ages and ages. To the point where I can only breath out of one side of the nose. And poor J has to put up with the horrible sounds and gasping for breath in the middle of the night. Apparently, I snore like a banshee! ;)

My nose won't look much different, except for the massive amounts of swelling for a couple weeks, but I'm not concerned about the way I look. I've lived with a crooked nose for 30 plus years. I just can't wait to be able to take proper deep breaths!! Really excited actually!


From looking at my CAT scans I had done a few months back, I think my nose is even more crooked than the diagram. Fantastic.

Can't wait, but nervous as!

Also, I just want to say thank you who has kept my Grampa in their thoughts as well. He has had to undergo open heart surgery in the last week, but he is home! And doing fabulous!

It's so hard to be this far away from the family sometimes. Especially in these sort of situations. I'm just thankful my family was able to be close and on the texting and keep us up to date down here! Thanks Mom!!

Anyway, on a lighter note - more creative note...

I'm working on a couple new drawings. There is a rather interesting story behind them, of course... Think true loves lost, widows waiting for their beloved sailors out at sea, think of cold and light fingers touching the back of your neck ever so gently.... Yeah. Something like that!!!  Can't wait to share - but I must be patient!

That is all for now - but remember who you are!
xo

No comments :

Post a Comment