26 July 2010

*it's been a long time coming ....

It's Official!


I will be exhibiting work at the Brunswick Street Gallery along with Aida Sabic this September!

I've been working on a bunch of portraits lately, mostly colour pencil work. They are based on the female protagonists in some of my favourite books. Catherine from Wuthering Heights, Mina Harker from Bram Stokers Dracula and on and on...

I will admit something though. I have not had any work on display since I was about 18 years old. My senior exhibit at NFA was my last one... back in 1994!!!!

So needless to say, I'm a little stressed out and a lot nervous!! I'm trying to cover all the bases of what I have to do, and thanks to Jacob and Aida, I think we'll be ok!

Anyway – more details coming up as it happens!!

Also, on a silly note – I am so excited for Saturday!! We have tickets to the All Blacks vs Wallabies game!! I will probably end up without a voice, but that's part of the fun!!

No comments :

Post a Comment