15 February 2010

*mmmm. Donuts!!!

This is me. in a nutshell. 
 a frosting and sprinkle covered nutshell. 


Some people go nuts over funny things, becoming connoisseurs in the field of their favorite gourmet foods and wine...for some of us - cheeseburgers, fish and chips, beer, and for me - donuts! It's been an ongoing affair since moving from New England where donuts are a day to day occurance thanks to a plentiful supply of Dunkin' Donuts on every corner. While I rate DD on the top of the food chain as far as fast food donuts, Krispy Kreme fails in comparison in my mind. But the tip top of the craving list is one of these... 

Apple. Cider. Doughnuts.
Pure. Heaven. 
 
There are a few recipes for them listed here... and as much as I am tempted to make them, it's too dangerous. Enabling the doughnut addict if you will. I think the best thing about these doughnuts is the feeling that goes along with them. They always come along during the apple picking season... before the leaves start to change colours.. before the coldest nights begin to set in. The summer is just about to end and the smell of autumn is in the air. 

It's almost that time of year here and my cravings have begun. 
Please share your recipes (maybe for a *gasp* low-fat donut) so I can stay strong and not pig out!!!!!
Donuts. Is there anything they can't do? --Homer Simpson
 xo

No comments :

Post a Comment