This weather! Rain, rain and more rain! If this is the start to winter, I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it anymore. Everything is damp, laundry is taking forever to dry, everything smells musty. At least it's not cold... Yet!
Last week, I made this super hearty soup with a heap of leftover corn on the cob that I completely spaced serving at our latest family cook-off. Yeah. It happens. Nobody went home hungry. The corn was not missed. So score for us!
Vegan Corn Chowder
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 kumara, peeled and diced
- 5 corn cobs, already cooked, kernels removed
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- freshly ground pepper
- Saute the onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes in a large saucepan.
- Add the celery, carrots, potato and kumara and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels and stock to the veggies. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Puree with a soup wand or in a blender.
- Serve up with some freshly ground pepper and done!
I served this with some roasted cabbage and it was amazingly filling! All three boys devoured it! And the leftovers were popped into the freezer.