21 February 2012

My Gramma's Portuguese Soup

Growing up, I loooooooved Gram's Portuguese Soup. When I finally got around to asking her for the recipe, I got the quick answer of - Uhhh, I don't have a recipe - as most good Grandmothers do. It was a little of this, a little of that..

Then randomly one day - you know how Gramma is - she gave me a cookbook of the classic Martha's Vineyard recipes, and the first recipe, on the first page, you guessed it!
I'm not sharing this one (family secret you know), but you can probably find it online somewhere now.

Anywho, moral of the story - I've been thinking a lot of about my Grandparents lately. While they are having there physical struggles at the moment, but I always try to put out heaps of good vibes their way. I love them and miss them heaps!
Plus, as always - I love embarrassing my family with photos from ages ago. Miss you and love you all!

No comments :

Post a Comment